Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Step by Step

I apologize for my recent absence but Jeremy learned to walk and I haven't had a second to compose a rational thought. We wondered if this momentous occasion would ever happen as Jeremy seemed content to scurry around the house on his hands and knees like a cockroach. I know, that isn't the nicest thing to say about my baby but c'mon, he did look a little bug-like. After a few tentative steps Jeremy took off and hasn't slowed down. Even though it is exhausting, I have to admit that I adore the early walking stage. Jeremy lumbers around the house, walking like Frankenstein but wearing a huge grin on his face. The world has become a much more exciting place for our little guy now that he can see (and pull off) everything on the tables, the fridge and the bookcase. We usually keep Jeremy barefoot in the house so he can really get a hang of the whole walking thing but when he is out in public we put him in an adorable pair of high top tennis shoes. We may think the shoes are cute but Jeremy hates them and has quickly learned how to take off not only his shoes but his socks as well. I know one day Jeremy will leave us to go explore the world, probably shoeless and with a great big smile on his face, but right now I happy to chase after him and enjoy his halting first steps.

3 comments:

DB said...

Lordy, now both of them are mobile. I'm betting you're going to need your own pair of sneakers soon!

Steph said...

Cute new picture!

DB said...

Dude, nice 'do! Now you just have to update the boys' ages. :O